200 Hour TT – Fall 2017 – Bermuda
For the student looking to dive deeper into their practice, Lucky Elephant’s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is the powerful next step. Whether you are yearning to teach, or simply to delve into greater self-awareness of your mind and body, this training will serve you. This 200hr YTT goes above and beyond.
Graduates of this program will develop:
- Expert techniques to advance your asana practice
- Extensive insight on how to craft vinyasa sequences with purpose
- Artful hands-on adjustments
- Knowledge of human anatomy that you can apply to your practice and teaching
- Understanding of traditional yoga philosophy
- Skills for injury prevention
- Powerful communication and verbal teaching skills
Internationally renowned yoga teachers Kat Fowler and Matt Giordano will lead the 2017-2018 Lucky Elephant 200hr YTT.
Matt Giordano began his teaching career out of his mother’s basement with the simple intention to help his friends. Within weeks, six people multiplied into thirty, and one class a week became five. Feeling now that this was his calling, Giordano fell in love with teaching, moved to Manhattan and began honing his craft as a student and teacher. Focusing his study and teaching on body awareness instead of poses, Giordano developed techniques to help any level student rapidly develop mastery within their practice. He now travels internationally sharing what he calls Chromatic Yoga. Learn more about Matt at www.theyogimatt.com.
Kat Fowler was raised with an upbringing of eastern spirituality and yoga, and has completed over 1000 hours of training in traditional yoga philosophy, physiology & anatomy, as well as eastern energetic healing modalities. Kat’s teachings creatively and intelligently weave her love and knowledge of the energetic side of the practice with the physical, in an accessible way to students of all levels. Learn more about Kat’s background at www.katfowleryoga.com.
Together, Kat and Matt will impart their expertise and share their secrets, so that you will be confident, empowered and prepared to share your skills in service to others. If you are ready to uncover your fullest potential, get ready to dive in with us in the fall of 2017!
- Module 1: November 23-26, 2017
- Module 2: November 30-December 3, 2017
- Module 3: February 22-25, 2018
- Module 4: March 1-4, 2018
- Module 5: May 31-June 3, 2018
- Module 6: June 7-10, 2018
- Earlybird Price Until October 12, 2017: $2,700 (10% off)
- Regular Price After October 12, 2017: $3,000
- Pay in 4 installments of $900 each (due October 1, 2017; December 1, 2017; February 1, 2018; and April 1, 2018): $3,600 total
300hr Teacher Training
This section is for those students that are
- Wanting a deeper experience in their practice
- Already 200hr Certified and want Continued Education credits with Yoga Alliance
- Already 200hr Certified and want to expand their skill set to deliver more effectively to their students.
- Already 200hr Certified students that would like to participate in a 300hr training in order to be 500RYT with Yoga Alliance (your current 200hr plus this 300hr will certify you for 500hrs)
- Students that want to teach that do not care to be affiliated with Yoga Alliance (If you are not 200hr certified with YA, you cannot receive a 300hr certificate. If you don’t care about certification and just want to learn, you may participate)
- 500hr Certified Students looking to gain masterful skills in both their body, and in their ability to transmit their wisdom to their students in a clear and effective way.
Requirements for Continued Education
- Attending any of my workshops, retreats, trainings will give you CE contact hours.
- Practicing Along with my Audio Recordings, and Videos, or reading my Educational Blogs
Note: You are responsible for keeping track, and asking for certificate or signature, IF required
300hr Teacher Training Requirements
- Mentorship Mastery Program: 3 Months of Mentorship with Matt Giordano. This can be done at any time through out your 300hrs and can be extended for more personal approach to learning to either 6,9 or 12 months. The recommended start time at the start of your teacher training.
- Immersion: 1 Immersion is Required to gain your 300hr certificate. Most immersions are held in the form of a Retreat. 2 immersions are recommended for those looking to advance their practice, and for those that want to get the training done in less time.
- Teacher Training: 1 TeacherTraining is Required. There are multiple options for 5 day teacher trainings but each one will include many of the requirements needed to become certified. It is recommended that you do 2 Teacher Trainings so that you have an opportunity to advance upon what you gained from the first. Every training will include refinement of practice teaching which is very important in the final certification process.
- Workshops/Intensives: A Minimum of 30hrs (or more) is required of taking workshops with Matt Giordano. These can be done at your convenience.
- Assisting/Observing: A minimum of 10hrs of each is required. Observing can take place after 150hours has been completed. Assisting will be the last portion of your training, you will be required to have taken your Teacher Training, Immersion, and Mentorship prior to this opportunity.
- Audio/Video Workshops: Yoga Alliance Allows up to 30 non-contact hours, which can include practicing along with any of Matt Giordano’s videos, or audio workshops.
- Hours Sheet: Each Student is responsible for keeping track of which trainings and workshops they have taken, preferably in a google doc that is shared with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video Submission: At the End of your 300hrs you will be required to submit a video recording of your class.
Note: These Requirements are subject to change in accordance to YA standards.