Dancer Pose The Chromatic WaynatarajasanaDANCER POSE Dancer Pose is the kind of posture that embodies both grace and strength simultaneously. In order to integrate these two things into your practice of this posture, there are quite a number of pieces of the puzzle...
DECIDING ON THE BEST YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Deciding to invest in a yoga teacher training feels like a no-brainer for some; for others, it may be a more challenging decision for a variety of different reasons. Whatever the process, I can guarantee that you’re going to get more out of it than you could have ever imagined. Of course, there are some obvious considerations, like curriculum focus and the style of yoga you’re interested in teaching, but what you’ll find is that there are things you simply cannot anticipate or prepare for. These things make a significant impact and can change the course of your life. Matt’s yoga teacher training courses tick all boxes at both the 200 and 300/500 hour levels. Your goal may be to support and guide others on a professional level, which does not change; however, the personal development that takes place is incomprehensible.
WATCH THE VIDEO
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR
DOES THE CURRICULUM FULFILL YOUR NEEDS?
The curriculum outline in a yoga teacher training program will significantly affect your decision to certify. It’s not uncommon to place more weight on a particular area of interest, and some training programs may have a greater emphasis in one area. What you’ll find is that when you decide to deepen your knowledge, one area of interest expands into others. In Matt’s yoga teacher training programs, you are receiving a well-rounded foundation in the 200 hour program, which then expands exponentially in his 300/500 hour yoga teacher training. Matt is known for his expertise in the areas of anatomy and biomechanics, but when you delve into the training, you’ll find out about the wealth of knowledge he shares in the areas of yoga philosophy, meditation, and pranayama.
200 HOUR ONLINE TEACHER TRAINING
GET CERTIFIED & DEEPEN YOUR YOGA PRACTICE
- Deepen your yoga practice
- Build confidence speaking in front of groups in person and online
- Learn foundational class structures and templates
- Learn techniques for a wide range of yoga postures
- Get certified and highly qualified to teach yoga
- Yoga Alliance Globally Recognized Certification Program
Another extremely important factor is accessibility, which can be viewed from different perspectives.
Not that long ago, the idea of an online yoga teacher training was not typical. It is now part of the norm. The fact that the training is online makes it more accessible to those that have wanted to practice with Matt but are unable to travel to an in-person location. This is a huge win!
There may also be some hesitation if you’re feeling like you are not a good candidate for teacher training because you don’t incorporate more “advanced postures” into your own practice, but this is not the case. You will deepen your own practice as you learn how to teach. However, while the skills you learn in Matt’s yoga teacher training programs are tangible, it’s not about what you can do physically but about how you can create transformational experiences for your students.
300 HOUR ONLINE TEACHER TRAINING
GET 500 HOUR CERTIFIED AS A MASTER TEACHER
Master your skill set as a teacher through refined techniques, anatomy, biomechanics, sequencing, philosophy, meditation techniques, theming, yoga business, and much more!
- Get 500 hour certified
- Learn anatomy, biomechanics, asana techniques
- Expand your teaching skills
- Masterful sequencing and verbal delivery
- Learn meditation and breathwork techniques
- Transformative tools: theming, dharma talks, satsang
- Business, branding, marketing, and social media skills
BREATH OF FIRE
- Moderate Vinyasa-style classes
- Core strengthening & integration
- Master your breath with pranayama practices
- Access your core in arm balances, heart openers, twists, forward folds, inversions, and more
- Learn where and how to breathe in challenging postures
- Each class will include one pranayama (breathwork practice) and several core strengtheners
- Access your core muscles: deep, superficial, anterior, posterior, and lateral
- 12 Classes: All levels appropriate
- Lifetime unlimited access to all
- Attend the livestream OR practice the replays any time that’s convenient for you
Eka Pada Urdhva Dhanurasana Where to Induce Strengthback line strengthEKA PADA URDHVA DHANURASANA There’s no doubt that back-line strength (more specifically, strength from the gluteus maximus, hamstrings, and erector spinae) is a requirement to elevate your hips off...
Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana B Increase Your Range of MotionFLEXIBILITY BOOSTUTTHITA HASTA PADANGUSTHASANA B In my previous blog, we looked at how Matt prepares you for Standing Nose to Shin (Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana A). Although there are multiple similarities...
Standing Nose to Shin Variations for a Solid FoundationstrengthSTANDING NOSE TO SHIN Standing Nose to Shin is an exceptional preparatory posture for Hanumanasana, or Splits Pose, but it is an equally profound posture on its own. It also requires thoughtful...
Strengthen Your Adductor Muscles Incorporate These Drills Into Your Yoga PracticeactivationSTRENGTHEN YOUR ADDUCTOR MUSCLES The adductor muscles are commonly left as a lower priority when it comes to building strength in your yoga practice. It’s not that there aren’t...
Plank, Chaturanga, Upward Dog Shoulder Mechanics SimplifiedALIGNMENTPLANK, CHATURANGA, UPWARD DOG How many times have you heard the cue “Plank, Chaturanga, Upward Dog” in a yoga class? If you’re a regular practitioner, it’s probably quite often (particularly in...